Even though my sewing machine broke, I’ve been able to work on my Lucy’s Dawn Treader outfit. It’s coming a long well, especially since it’s been hand sewn. Most of the pieces are either in progress or close to completion. I even have some pictures!
So far I’ve been able to complete the base for the breeches. They look wonderful!!! I made then out of velvet and a handmade pattern. It’s one of the first times I’ve used a handmade pattern so I’m really happy with how they turned out.
I still have to add embroidery on the side of the legs and a back closure. I kinda hurried to get these done so they could be worn for a costume party the weekend. Because of that I still have a bit to do for the premiere in December. It shouldn’t take me too long. I only hope I’m able to apple the designs correctly and get it done in time. The last thing I want is half embroidered pants for the premiere.
Because it’s such a huge embroidery project, I’ve been working on the jerkin as well. I almost have the entire front and left side embroidered. I just have to add the wide band around the bottom both are gone. The back is going to take a while because of all the embroidery it has, but the right side should be a breeze.
The jerkin looks a lot better on my sister than on the dress form. I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out in the end. I can’t wait! I’m just hoping it’ll look right. It’s my first time majorly modifying a pattern so I’m really nervous. I’ll probably have to modify it a bit more to make the sleeves just right. Other than that I’m happy with the way it’s turning out.
My final piece for this post is a cloak I made to go with the outfit. It has nothing to do with the new Narnia movie. Instead, it is an original design for my sister. I was originally going to use the fabric for Lucy’s red dress in Prince Caspian, but I decided to modify the design and make it an interchangeable cloak that can go with many time periods and outfits. Here it is!
Thank you again for reading. Keep in touch to see what happens as I find a new machine and scramble to complete my Halloween commissions in time. See ya soon!