The dress is done. It looks beautiful and twice as good as I thought it would. I was initially worried that it wouldn’t look right or even recognizable with my modifications, but everything worked out better then planned. Also I set a new record for dress making, around 21 hours total. My last record was around 22 to 23 hours total. ^_^ I keep getting better and faster each time I make a new cosplay. Practicing perfectly makes a skill even better.
Now on to the hard part, the gloves. I have an idea for how to make the pattern work around the non-stretch fabric. I trace my arm and half my hand. Then make a separate thumb piece. I add a seam allowance, cut the pieces out, and sew it all together. Then I make, cut out, and sew the puffs to the rest of the glove. It should work. I’m using a pattern and tutorial to make sure I get the construction and basic shapes right. I haven’t quite worked out when to add the ribbon detailing. I don’t know if I should appliqué it on or tack it on after the gloves are done. Other than that, I have most of my glove problem worked out. I’m sure it’ll work too.