I finished the second glove. It looks as good as the first and even better. I changed the layout of the top ribbon to bunching the lower arm fabric. The gloves look more like the reference pictures now then before. In addition, I don’t have to fix the bunching every time I turn around. I really like how the gloves turned out. They are still tight and hard to get on and off, but the initial struggle is totally worth getting to wear a pair of awesome gloves.
It’s just under a week till college starts again. I am totally amazed at how quickly the time passed. Even though this has been my fastest project to date, it has still taken me a long time, and I have more to do. I still have to make the boots, cape, wings, and jewels and attach everything. Not to mention style the wig. It will probably take me another month to complete Vorfeed since college starts soon.
I have to wait to finish Vorfeed because I don’t have all of the materials I need yet. I still have to get the resin and dye for the jewels as well as the feathers for the wings and cape. I need to get more interfacing too. I’m having a really hard time deciding what type of resin to purchase, either Easy Cast or the Tap Plastic brand. Easy Cast seems to be used more within the cosplay community. It works best for casts no greater than 6 ounces. The trouble is that Vorfeed’s jewels are at least 8 to 10 ounces each. I thought of layering the resin, but I don’t know how well that will work. I know it’s worked for smaller casts for other gem makers and cosplayers, but I don’t know how it would work for jewels of greater magnitude. I shall look into it more before I actually make my decision.
I have pictures!!!!!! Top row from left to right: front and back of dress. Bottom row: my gloves! I’m so happy with my project. I really like the bow on the dress and will get a detail picture up next update.