It’s less than a week to the US Voyage of the Dawn Treader premiere, and I still have a lot to do. I have all the fabric for the main parts of both Lucy’s Dawn Treader outfit and Susan’s Narnia dress. I just have to finish all the sewing right now and get the fabric for Lucy’s boots and Susan’s belt.
So far Susan’s dress is nearly finished. I completely modified one of the fantasy Simplicity patterns (i don’t know the exact number right now) to make this dress. It has turned out wonderful so far!!! The pleats are perfect and I even added my out personal twist with the pleats to Susan’s original design. It looks so pretty! The fabric I chose is perfect too. I have no idea what type of fabric it is because I got it from the clearance section and didn’t think to check the tag for reference. That’s what you get for having a thirteen minute time limit in the fabric store. Anyway, the fabric works perfectly. It has a one way stretch that totally came in handy when I had to fit the dress to me better.
To finish Susan’s dress I just have to make the collar and embroider it. I’m using a pattern for the collar so I just have to wing it and see what happens. I hope it turns out right. I only have enough to make one collar. Stupid fund limitations.
As for embroidery, there is no possible way I can get the collar and the other two thirds of the jerkin done in time. I would have to be The Flash in order for that to happen. So I’m setting for the next best thing, no embroidery on the collar. ;_; I might add the embroidery later, but I kinda doubt it. The jerkin, on the other hand, is another matter. I have between one third to one half of the jerkin done. I did not expect the embroidery to take so long neither did I expect to lose nearly all of my embroidery supplies nor get swamped with a ton of homework before Thanksgiving break. It’s supposed to be a break right. So due to my lack of diligence and planning skills, I have to cut a few corners if I want the jerkin to be fairly done in time. I have a feeling I’ll be sewing every spare and waking minute of this next week in and out of class. Prepare for a very weak, “yay”. I’m not looking forward to this. But I’ll endure anyway.
The other parts of Lucy’s costume are going well. I have the pants and the cape done so far. I still need to make the shirt, which I now have fabric for, and make those darn boots once I find the right fabric. I really hope the fabric fairy leaves me some material under my pillow this week for good behavior.
In other news, I have most of my costumes for next year planned out (see next post). I’m also, finally, making a dress for my mom. Ok, so it’s more like a full-fledged renaissance outfit, but it’s still a dress. So far most of the fabric is purchased. We just have to get the chemise fabric and the coordinating fabric for the opposite side of the bodice. I almost have the skirt done. I just have to finish the back closure and the hem. I want to get all the pieces done by Christmas time so I can surprise mom with them being her presents.
Other than the above, my sewing has been pretty dull. School for this year is winding to a close so I hope I can get a lot of sewing done over the break. I’m hoping to get at least three to four costumes done as well as finish my sister’s Lucy costume and my mom’s renaissance outfit. It should be blast, a very busy almost stressful blast but a blast nonetheless. I’m also hoping to get some photo shoots soon too. I’ve gotten one of Belle’s green dress so far, but I hope to get others like Yuna and some of the other costumes I’m working/will be working on. But you’ll have to wait till the next post to see what the new costumes are. ^_^
Thank you for reading and be sure to tune in next time to discover what else is happening in my crazy world of costuming and fabric stacks. You’re a great audience!