RSS Feed

Category Archives: Sheeta progress

Sheeta Wig Report

Posted on

It’s here!!!!!!  Finally, after three weeks, my is here.  The company was having a hard time with back orders from Japan, .  It looks gorgeous!!!  I can’t believe how long it is too!!  IMG_2470 I can’t wait to start styling the wig!!! I have to braid the wig then cut and style the bangs.  I’ve never cut bangs before so I’m really nervous.  But I’m excited and know it’ll turn out well. 

Troubles and Annoyances (Sheeta Progress Report 2)

Posted on

Well my Sheeta costume is nearly done.  The pants are complete and just as awesome as I’d hoped.  The shirt is another story.  I thought I had the shirt nearly perfect, but I was wrong.  Turns out the shirt ended up being too short waisted.  On top of that, the pants don’t go up high enough to compensate for the shirt and I’m out of the shirt fabric.  ;_;  Not to mention that I’m pretty much out of money because I have to pay for the convention pass as well as have a bit of spending money for the convention. 

To help with my problem, I made the belt a bit bigger than need be.  I’m also considering adding hooks and eyes to the bottom of the top and the top of the bottoms.  Hopefully that should keep the shirt where it needs to be without pulling on the pants too much, though I fear the latter to be the actual case.  My other option is to attach the belt to the top somehow without making the attachment permanent.  I was thinking of using either hooks and eyes or snaps to this idea. 

Other than that, my project is going well.  So far, except for the mishaps, it’s turned out better than anticipated.  I was a little worried about using the patterns I chose, especially since I had to modify them moderately.  They turned out so much better than my fears allotted.  I just have to remember that collars adjust the length of a garment by at least two inches.  Life lessons, those are well learned and adapted. 

Sheeta Progress Report 1

Posted on

They’re done!!!!!!!  My pink poofy pants are done!!!!  It took me five hours but after careful evaluation and reconsideration of the pattern I planned to use I arrived at my final product.    spantsfront spantsback spantsside

Now that Sheeta’s pants are done, I can move on to her poofy yellow top and bright orange belt.  I found a pattern to use as a base for her shirt.  I’m going to guesstimate on her belt, and I still have not idea how to make the silver clasp.